Tuesday, March 3, 2009

September 21, 2006

Wow geez. This week has been really busy! And it isn't even over yet. On Tuesday we went to London to the Globe Theatre and watched a production of Antony and Cleopatra! It was pretty well done but the set up of the theatre really does give a production a different feel. We got back from that at midnight and so the bus dropped us off right up the street from our house. The next day we had a lecture over the play "Dr. Faustus" from a very good speaker and then we crammed onto a teeny bus and headed out to Kelmscott Manor which was about an hour out into the country and we had to drive down lots of teeny dirt roads (thus the smaller bus). It was so beautiful out there. After the tour of the house we all sat outside near the stream and played in the shade. It made for a good time. Today we divided into two groups and my group was touring all the spots in Oxford where Shakespear went. I was at the back of the group looking at my map and when I decided to catch up and ask one of my friends a question she turned around and started speaking to me in Portugese and I realized I had followed the wrong group!!! So I went back to my bike and rode over to the post office (which was about 5 miles and 3 near-death-experiences away) to pick up a package from dad.

So all in all, things are going well. My legs are unhappy with how much I have been working them but they can't really get out of it. It becomes a matter of me saying to myself "well, I had better go to class" then my legs yell "but we are tired and can't do it." and so I tell them, "oh well, it's not really a choice. Sorry guys." And so we go to class.

Here is the link to the photos I took. Some from the globe are fuzzy but that is b/c I could not use flash. I did the best I could. Josh, I thought about you the whole time I was there.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AYuGjRw4Zs2Llg

No comments:

Post a Comment