Tuesday, March 3, 2009

September 27, 2006

Well, I have begun work on my Intro Seminar Essay and am taking a little break to eat something and update you guys.

I spent the weekend here in Oxford exploring the park and getting attacked by swans. Two of my housemates and I took blankets out there and laid under a big weeping willow and "read" (slept) in the shade. Then on Sunday I went to tea with the Warners and then to Evensong.Monday was class as usual and Tuesday we spent all day on an excursion. First we went to Warwick Castle (where I got to see a trebuchet launch). Then we went on a tour of all places Shakespeare. After the 5th thatch-roofed gift shop I got annoyed and they let us wander around the town with little groups of friends until the play that night. We watched the Tempest in the Royal Shakespeare theatre. It was starring Patrick Stewart which just added to the coolness of the production. The directors attempts to make the play "his own" were pretty basic and shallow but once you got around that it was a pretty good production. So yeah, now I am starting to apply for a job at more places and tomorrow am going to go pressure the Manager at Black's b/c I REALLY want to work there more than the smoothie store down the road. But we shall see. Well, I am going to upload the pictures now and get back to work.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AYuGjRw4Zs2Lno

Love you,

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment